Amara works to ensure that every child in foster care has the love and support of a committed family – as quickly as possible, and for as long as the child needs. We work with foster and adoptive families who are committed to caring for children, whether for a month, a year, or a lifetime.
This position will draw on your organizational strengths, communication skills, solid work ethic, and your systems-wide thinking. You will be working to support multiple programs within Amara and will find success through proactive communication. This position requires a commitment to detail-oriented work and efficient, timely follow-up.
You will work to support our Emergency Sanctuary program by ensuring proper documentation for all volunteers and the children served by the program. You will keep regular and open communication with both the Volunteer Manager and Program Managers about your work.
You will book daily financial transactions, coordinating with the Development team to reconcile gifts to our donor database. You will help track grant spending and reporting. You will assist in creating monthly billings for our state contracts and ensure timely payment. You will work with the Director of Finance and Administration to ensure grants are being properly spent and assist in account reconciliations and month end close.
Amara believes that a diverse workforce and inclusive workplace culture enhances our ability to fulfill our mission. We strive for equity and justice in the way people are treated and the opportunities they have to succeed by working to address racism, unequal treatment and other barriers to inclusion. We strongly encourage candidates from diverse backgrounds (including communities of color, the LGBT community, veterans, and people with disabilities) to apply and join us in our work.
The Administrative Coordinator reports to the Director of Finance and Administration and works closely with the Communications and Outreach, Development and Children’s Services teams. Responsibilities may include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Finance & Billing: Create invoices for state contracted work, submit to the state and ensure payment. Book A/R in QuickBooks. Assist with month end close process & reporting.
- Volunteer Program Assistance: Manage volunteer database and paper files. Ensure efficient and well-tracked processing and approval of our volunteers to meet DSHS requirements. Simultaneously ensure positive, professional communications and relations with our valued partners.
- Communication: Regular email communication with our highly-dedicated volunteers to ensure up-to-date and mandatory certifications
- Administrative Work: Input data; process paperwork; maintain, update and track forms; track progress and provide updates to team members.
- Back-Up for Front Desk and other program needs: Periodically staff our reception area and main information line, offering Amara’s first impression to the community.
- Bachelor’s degree and/or a minimum of three or more years administrative and/or accounting experience
- Superior attention to detail with strong, timely follow-through
- QuickBooks or other financial system experience desired
- Advanced organizational skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to balance multiple priorities
- A desire to use technology to enhance productivity and improve systems
- Initiative, independence, flexibility, and self-confidence
Salary and Benefits
Full time position with an hourly pay range of $16 -$20, DOE. Generous personal leave and benefits package, including paid time off, paid sabbatical, health, vision and dental insurance, 401k with a company match, life and disability insurance.
Please submit a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org and include “Administrative Coordinator” in the subject line of your email. Applications will be accepted until position is filled.